11 Dec mushroom do pyaza restaurant style | mushroom do pyaza | khumb do pyaza recipe
mushroom do pyaza restaurant style | mushroom do pyaza | khumb do pyaza recipe with step wise pictorial and video method.
mushroom do pyaza restaurant style | mushroom do pyaza | khumb do pyaza recipe is an amazing side dish being loved in North India and is being eaten as a sabji with chapati in general.
mushroom do pyaza restaurant style | mushroom do pyaza | khumb do pyaza recipe is a semi thick sabji being made with mushrooms and good quantity of onions. ‘do’ in the name of the recipe is a Hindi word which means ‘two’ and ‘pyaza’ i.e. pyaz means ‘onion’. There was a time when we used to think that in this recipe only two onions are to be added and not beyond that come what may. Lol.
later found that in this recipe you have to add the onions in the double quantity, that is why it is named as mushroom ‘do’ pyaza.
we have cherished this amazing recipe in the hotels and restaurants many a times and realized on minute observation that not only onion is there in the double quantity, but also onion cut into two different shapes is there.
so on the basis of the feedback received from one of the chef in a restaurant here, this recipe is developed. hope you will love it as we did.
YouTube – mushroom do pyaza restaurant style
Mushrooms – 200 gms
Onion – 4-5 medium sized
Tomatoes – 2 medium sized
Ginger (grated) – 1/4 tsp
Garlic (grated) – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida / hing – 1/8 tsp
Red chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Green chilly – 1
Bay leaf / tej patta – 1
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt – as required
Water – 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Servings – 3
Firstly prepare the ingredients:-
1. to make mushroom do pyaza, you need to cut onion (pyaz) in 2 different shapes.
Firstly cut onion into 1 inch squares which should come to about 3/4 cup. Keep them aside.
Then cut more onions which should be finely chopped and must come to 1/2 cup.
2. Wash and cut the mushrooms into desired size preferably into two halves.
3. either make puree out of tomatoes or great them so that their flush is grated and their skin remains in your hands at the end.
4. Great ginger and garlic also, if you aren’t using ginger garlic paste.
5. If you don’t have cumin powder, then slightly dry roast cumin seeds on hot tawa and crush them. Likewise already get ready coriander power from coriander seeds, if you don’t have coriander powder.
6. pluck and roughly chop coriander leaves for garnishing.
Let’s begin with the process…
1. Add oil in a pan and let it turn hot.
2. add onions which are cut into 1 inch squares.
3. Stir fry them until onion turns translucent.
4. Take the fried onions out of the pan and keep them aside.
5. Now add bay leaf, grated ginger & garlic and saute till they turn slightly brown.
6. Add green chilli and saute for a second.
7. Add roughly chopped onion and cook till they turn translucent.
8. Add tomatoes and cook them till they start leaving the sides.
9. Add asafoetida, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder & coriander powder. Mix well.
10. Add mushrooms and mix them.
11. Add salt and mix it well.
12. Add water and cover the pan with a lid for 8 – 10 minutes on low flame until mushrooms turn soft.
13. When the mushrooms are cooked and water is dried up, add those onions which were fried at the beginning.
14. Give a gentle mix and switch off the flame.
Your mushroom do pyaza restaurant style is ready. Add coriander leaves directly in the pan or garnish mushroom do pyaza while in the serving tray.
* If using ginger garlic paste, then add 1/2 tsp of it.
* You can add cream or malai at the end, but it is purely optional.
Feel Free To Ask Queries, If Any…
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
Please subscribe to get easy access to our new and upcoming recipes.