07 Jan gajar ka halwa made with khoya | gajar ka halwa with mava | gajar halwa without milk
gajar ka halwa with khoya | gajar ka halwa with mava | gajar halwa without milk & without grating with step wise pictorial and video method.
gajar ka halwa made with khoya | gajar ka halwa with mava | gajar halwa without milk is the most loved recipe across India and neighbouring countries especially during winters.
this gajar ka halwa is made without grating. Yes, without grating. Actually grating the large quantity of carrots is a very tedious job and many a times you get reluctant in making gajar ka halwa. But using the method given below, you will love to make gajar ka halwa for sure and that too without any excuses.
gajar ka halwa is made by adopting 3 methods. first method is by using mava/Khoya, second is by using whole milk and the third method is with the help of condensed milk.
It is germane to mention here that the first 2 methods of making gajar ka halwa, which is also called as gajrela is very common. This is very convenient in a way that at times you don’t have khoya/mava and some other times, you may be short of milk. In this blog, long back we had already shared the recipe of gajar ka halwa with milk.
Click on gajar ka halwa with milk to see the recipe of the same.
returning back to this post of gajar ka halwa with khoya, let us begin with the recipe.
YouTube : gajar ka halwa made with khoya
Carrots – 1 kg
Desi ghee – 3 tbsp
Jaggery or sugar – 1 cup
Khoya – 250 gm
Green cardamoms – 3
Dry fruits of your choice
1. Peel all the carrots one after another and cut their stem part.
2. Cut the carrots into small pieces of any size and wash them.
3. Put all the carrots into blender and blend coarsely.
4. Take a heavy bottomed Kadai and add 2 tbsp of desi ghee in it.
5. Add all the blended carrots in it and mix well.
6. Cover the kadai with a lid and give at least 15 to 20 minutes to the carrots to cook on low flame.
7. keep on sauteing the carrots at some intervals after removing the lid to prevent them from burning.
8. Add jaggery and keep on cooking.
9. the jaggery is when completely absorbed, add Khoya and mix it well into the carrots.
10. Add cardamoms and chopped dry fruits of your choice. Mix well.
12. At last add one more tbsp of desi ghee to the carrots to bring shine to your halwa.
Your gajar ka halwa with Khoya is ready. Serve gajae ka halwahot after garnishing with more dry fruits and khoya
this halwa can be preserved for a week in refrigerator.