07 Jan gajar ka halwa with khoya | gajar ka halwa with mava | gajar halwa without milk
gajar ka halwa with khoya | gajar ka halwa with mava | gajar halwa without milk & without grating with step wise pictorial and video method.
gajar ka halwa with khoya | gajar ka halwa with mava | gajar halwa without milk is the most loved recipe across India and neighbouring countries especially during winters.
gajar ka halwa with khoya | gajar ka halwa with mava | gajar halwa without milk is made without grating. Yes, without grating. Actually grating carrots is a very tedious job and many a times you get reluctant in making gajar ka halwa. But using the method given hereunder, you will love to make gajar ka halwa without any excuses.
gajar ka halwa is made by using 3 methods. One is by using mava/Khoya, second is by using whole milk and the third one is by using condensed milk.
It is germane to mention here that the first 2 methods of making gajar ka halwa, which is also called as gajrela is very common. This is very convenient in a way that at times you don’t have khoya/mava and some other times, you may be short of milk. In this blog also, we have already shared the recipe of gajar ka halwa with milk long time back.
Click on gajar ka halwa with milk to see it’s recipe.
Coming back to this post of gajar ka halwa with khoya, let us begin with the recipe.
YouTube : gajar ka halwa with khoya
Carrots – 1 kg
Desi ghee – 3 tbsp
Jaggery or sugar – 1 cup
Khoya – 250 gm
Green cardamoms – 3
Dry fruits of your choice
1. Peel the carrots and cut their stem part.
2. Cut the carrots into small pieces and wash them.
3. Put all the carrots into blender and blend coarsely.
4. Take a heavy bottomed Kadai and add 2 tbsp of desi ghee in it.
5. Add all the blended carrots in it and mix well.
6. Cover the kadai with a lid and let the carrots cook for 15 to 20 minutes on low flame.
7. saute the carrots at some intervals after removing the lid to prevent them from burning.
8. Add jaggery and keep on cooking.
9. When jaggery is completely absorbed, add Khoya and mix it well into the carrots.
10. Add cardamoms and chopped dry fruits of your choice. Mix well.
12. At last add one more tbsp of desi ghee to the carrots to bring shine to your halwa.
Your gajar ka halwa with Khoya is ready. Serve hot after garnishing with more dry fruits and khoya
You can preserve this halwa for a week in refrigerator.