13 Oct Dulce De Leche
Stepwise pictorial and video recipe of Dulce de leche from Scratch.
Dulce De Leche is a confection prepared by slowly heating sweetened milk to create a substance that derives its flavour from the Maillard reaction, also changing colour, with an appearance and flavour similar to caramel.
Literally translated, it means “candy made of milk” or “sweet made of milk.”
Alternative names of Dulce de leche are Manjar, Manjar Blanco, Arequipe, and Douce Lait.
Dulce de leche is used to flavour candies or other sweet foods such as cakes, breakfast rolls, churros, cookies, waffles, flan, pancakes, toasts and ice creams.
Source : Wikipedia
A homemade form of dulce de leche is sometimes made by boiling an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk for two to three hours (or 30 to 45 minutes in a pressure cooker). This results in a product that is much sweeter than the slow-boiled kind. But here in this recipe, we are going to prepare Dulce de leche from Scratch.
Milk (preferably Cow’s milk) 1.25 liter
Sugar: 1 + 1/4 cup
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Butter (unsalted) : 2 tbsp (optional)
About 400 gms equalent to 1 store brought tin.
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan and boil full fat milk.
2. Once the milk has come to the boil, add sugar to it. Stir.
3. When the sugar is dissolved, add baking soda to it.
4. Let the milk cook and keep stirring.
5. After about 30 minutes, milk will reduced to near half and turned pale yellow in colour. Keep cooking, keep stirring at regular intervals.
6. Within more 15 to 20 minutes, milk will turn dark to darker. Keep stirring.
7. When the milk will attain the consistency of milkmaid, turn off the flame.
6. Add butter to the hot Dulce de leche and mix well.
7. Let it cool down.
Your homemade Dulce de leche is ready. Keep it in the airtight glass jar in the refrigerator and use within 25 to 30 days.
Feel Free To Ask Queries, If Any…
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
To get easy access to our new and upcoming recipes, just click the FOLLOW button given hereunder.