19 Feb eggless atta suji raw noodles | homemade raw noodles | whole wheat semolina noodles raw
eggless atta suji raw noodles | homemade raw noodles | whole wheat semolina noodles raw recipe with step wise pictorial and video method.
It will be wrong if we say that 99% of Children love Noodles, because the percentage of Noodles lover children is 100%
Instead of any other food, if you serve noodles to children 3 times a day, they will surely never get bored.
So why not to make that food healthy, which is so close to the hearts of our children. Just leave aside preservatives & make fresh & healthy Noodles for your precious child in just 15 minutes that too without using any special tool, like noodle maker.
YouTube : eggless atta suji raw noodles
semolina/suji – 1.5 cup
Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 Cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Water as per need
About 4 cups of Noodles
1. take suji and grind it into a grinder.
2. transfer suji flour ( grinded suji) into a bowl.
3. add whole wheat flour and salt in the bowl. mix well.
4. knead the flour with water. dough should be hard in texture.
5. apply some oil over the dough and cover the dough with muslin cloth and keep aside for about 20 minutes. This will help to let the gluten form and makes the dough stretchier.
6. then take the dough and divide into 2 parts (because it will be tough to roll the entire dough in one go). keep one part aside.
7. roll one part of dough (thinner the better as it thickens when you cook) on a clean kitchen shelf with the help of rolling pin. Dust the flour when needed. (The step is same like we do for making chapatis).
8. once the dough is rolled properly, cut the uneven sides of rolled dough with the help of a knife so that you get a squared shaped flat disc/roti.
9. remove the uneven sides. roll the square roti further if you feel that you can flatten it more.
10. now make 2 to 3 folds of square roti after dusting wheat flour at ever fold. (see the picture/video for better understanding).
11. cut the folded roti into thin strips with the help of knife. you can use pizza cutter also for making strips as we did for cutting the rest of the dough.
12. take a wide vessel and add water in it. The quantity of water must be sufficient enough to receive all the noodles sunk in it. Place it on a gas stove and make it very hot, not boiling.
13. add the cut strips in hot water and also add 1/2 tsp of oil in water. let it remain their on high flame.
14. just in 2 or even less than 2 minutes, the noodles will start floating on the surface of water.
15. immediately drain them and run the noodles under cold water, otherwise it will get sticky.
Your eggless atta suji raw noodles are ready. If you are making it instantly, then immediately transfer it in the gravy/sauce already or simultaneously prepared in another pan.
Click here to see the recipe of Homemade atta suji Noodles.
However you can also cook it your way.
But if you don’t want to cook it right now, then…
Follow the following method of Preserving Homemade Raw Noodles...
1. If you have the plans to cook these raw Noodles in few hours or in a day or two, then don’t do anything special. Just place this raw Noodles in refrigerator, but finish within 2 days.
2. If you want to preserve raw Noodles for couple of months :-
i). DRYING & FREEZING : After making raw Noodles, allow them to dry completely on a drying rack (We didn’t have any such rack so used the racks placed in oven) and store them in freezer after putting it in zip lock bag or some airtight container.
When you need some Noodles for cooking, simply remove the Noodles from the freezer, thaw & cook them. This method allows the Noodles to last for up to 3 months.
ii). DEHYDRATE : We haven’t personally tried this method because we don’t have dehydrating machine. But if you have this machine, then use a dehydrating machine to remove all the moisture from the Noodles. It will significantly increase their shelf life. Place them at a place which is free from moisture and is dark cool . Using this method, your Noodles will last for up to 2 months.
Please note that with each of these type of storage method you use, make sure that you mark the date on the bag when you prepared and stored them.
* You can also make these noodles by using only and only whole wheat flour or with all purpose flour or 50-50 of both.
* If your children are beating the plates with folk due to hunger and they can’t wait longer, then instead of kneading the dough specially for Noodles, you can use the dough already placed in refrigerator, which is usually kept in the refrigerator of every house, for making chapatis. Isn’t it too easy?
* Rolling the big lot of dough to flat roti needs so much of muscle power. If you don’t want to make it tiresome, then instead of taking the entire dough and rolling it in one go, just make small chapatis (which you do everyday) out of it. Cut first chapati into strips, then roll second, cut it and so on. Isn’t again too easy?
PAYAL BALI SHARMA