06 Mar Dry Veg Manchurian
Step wise pictorial recipe of Manchurian Dry, which is a tempting appetizer prepared by sauteing tiny vegetables balls in the sauces of soy, tomato and chili. Manchurian, both dry & gravy, is basically a Chinese cuisine which has been widely accepted across India. Where on one hand Manchurian Gravy is served usually with Fried Rice, Manchurian Dry and is served as a starter in restaurants as well as in weddings too.
For Vegetables Balls:
Cabbage (finely chopped) – 1/2 Cup
Carrot (finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
Cauliflower (finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
French Beans (finely chopped) – 1/2 Cup
Spring Onion (finely chopped) 1/4 cup
Onions (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Black pepper – ½ tsp
salt as required
oil for frying as required
For the Manchurian Sauce:
Garlic (finely chopped) – 1/2 tbsp
Ginger (finely chopped) – 1/2 tbsp
Spring onions/onions (Chopped) – 1/4 Cup in total. (You can use even any one amongest both)
Soy Sauce – ½ tbsp
Tomato Ketchup – 1 tbsp
Chilli Sauce – 1 tsp
Corn flour 1/4 tbs
Salt as needed
Black pepper – ¼ tsp
Vinegar – ½ tsp
Spring onions (Chopped green part)
Sesame Oil – 1 tbsp
TOTAL TIME NEEDED
Preparing the veg Manchurian balls:
1. Take all the Chopped vegetables in a bowl.
2. Add all purpose flour, corn flour, black pepper and salt. Mix well, preferably with hand so that all the ingredients merge together. If finding the mixture little watery, add 1 to 2 tbsp of more all purpose flour or corn flour.
3. Take a desired portion of the mixture in your hands. Roll it on your palm and make a round shaped ball.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Gently place the balls in the hot oil which is on the medium flame. Fry the balls till they turn golden brown and thereafter remove them from the oil and keep aside.
Preparing the Manchurian sauce:
As we are preparing the dry Manchurian, so the Gravy should be very thick. Almost just for the purpose of coating the balls only. Lets begin the process…
1. In another pan, heat oil and add ginger and garlic. Stir and saute for a minute on a low flame. Add chopped spring onions/onions and saute for a while.
2. Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, chili sauce, salt and black pepper. Stir very well. Add corn flour and immediately mix well.
3. Add balls and stir so that the gravy coats the veg balls evenly. Then add vinegar and stir slightly.
4. Dry Manchurian is ready. Garnish with some spring onion (green part) and Sesame oil. Serve hot.
Here’s your bite . . .
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
Please Subscribe to have an access to our new and upcoming recipes.