20 Nov Veg Manchow Soup | how to make Veg Manchow Soup
Veg Manchow Soup | how to make Veg Manchow Soup recipe with step wise pictorial method.
A cold wet evening accompanied by a hot bowl of Veg Manchow Soup gives a feel of immense warmth in the winter months. This is one of the popular soup in Indian Chinese cuisine being so easy to prepare and hot spicy taste.
It is a yummy soup having deep brown colour prepared with various vegetables & scallions, thickened with stock and corn flour, flavored with soy sauce, salt, garlic and chili peppers. You can garnish this soup with chopped spring onions, and served with crispy dry noodles.
1. Cabbage (shredded) – 1/4 cup
2. French beans (chopped) – 1/4 cup
3. Mushrooms (chopped) – 1/4 cup
4. Carrots (grated) – 1/4 cup
5. Spring onion whites (chopped) – 1/4 cup
6. Ginger (chopped) 1 tsp
7. Garlic (chopped) – 1 tsp
8. Green chillies (chopped) 1 or 2
9. Vinegar – 1/2 tsp
10. Soya sauce – 2 tsp
11. Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
12. Vegetable stock or water – 3 cup + 3 tbsp
13. Cornflour – 6 tsp
14. Coriander leaves or onion green (chopped) for garnish – 1-2 tsp (optional)
15. Sesame oil or any other oil – 1 tbsp
16. Salt as per taste*
17. Noodles (boiled) – 1/2 cup
18. Oil for frying
1. Chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
2. Fry boiled noodles till they turn brown and crispy. Remove them on paper nepkin and keep aside.
3. Take a small bowl and mix cornflour with 3 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add the green chilies, garlic and ginger. Saute for a minute.
5. Add onion & saute again for a minute.
6. Now add all the chopped veggies and stir fry on a medium to high flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Once the veggies are stir fried, then add soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Mix properly.
8. Now add water or veg stock & allow the soup to come to a simmer on a medium flame.
9. Add the cornflour paste to the soup.
10. Stir very well and let the soup thicken.
11. At last add vinegar. Mix well.
Your Veg Manchow Soup is ready. Serve hot after topping with fried noodles. Also garnishing with chopped coriander leaves or onion greens, if you like.
*Be careful while adding salt because in this recipe we are also using soya sauce, which already carries salt in it.
PAYAL BALI SHARMA