15 Aug Tiranga Kesri Halwa | Rava Kesri recipe | Indian Semolina Pudding
Stepwise pictorial recipe of Tiranga Kesri Halwa | Rava Kesri recipe | Indian Semolina Pudding made with milk.
Kesari is nothing but a Halwa made of Rawa which we often make during festivals & on the occasion of some Pooja at home. Usually Rawa kesri is made with water and so much of ghee but I have tried this kesri with milk and very less ghee.
As the day of Independence in India is nothing less than a festival so I have made an attempt to present this Tiranga Kesri Halwa | Rava Kesri recipe | Indian Semolina Pudding in Tricolour.
INGREDIENTS For Tiranga Kesri Halwa | Rava Kesri recipe | Indian Semolina Pudding
Rava/ semolina/ Sooji- ½ cup
Sugar- 5-6 tbsp
Milk-2 cups + 2 tbsp
Ghee- 1 tbsp
Cardamom essence or powder – ⅛ tsp
Green Food Colour – 2-3 drops
*Orange food colour – 2 – 3 drops
Nuts of your choice (I used almonds, Raisins & Magaz)
- Take a pan, add milk & place it on gas stove for boiling.
- Take 2 small bowls and add 1 – 1 tbsp milk in both the bowls.
- Add green colour in one bowl & Orange colour in another. Keep aside.
- Take another non stick pan, add ghee and roast the rava till it turns light golden brown.
- Once the rava turns golden brown, add the boiled milk & stir well. Keep stirring to prevent the lumps from forming.
- Add sugar and cardamom essence & mix well.
- Once the milk is absorbed, switch off the flame.
- Take 2 bowls & divide the kesri in 3 equal portions.
- **Add green food colour (already dissolved in para 3 above) in one portion, Orange in second & leave the third portion as it is.
- Mix the colours well with spoon.
- Now take a glass and make a lower layer with green coloured kesri. Level it with the help of a spoon.Sprinkle some nuts over it.
- Likewise make a second layer with colorless kesri, level it & sprinkle some more nuts.
- Again make third layer with Orange coloured kesri and garnish with more nuts.
- Your Tiranga Kesri Halwa | Rava Kesri recipe | Indian Semolina Pudding is ready to be served.
*I didn’t have orange food colour so I mixed yellow & red food colour to make it orange. 3 drops of yellow and just a touch of red.
**If you feel that the kesri is little dry, add 1 – 2 tsps of milk to make it soft.
ALSO HAVE A LOOK AT TRICOLOUR DHOKLA
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
Please Subscribe to have an access to our new and upcoming recipes.