03 Nov sev papdi recipe | sev puri | indian chat recipe
sev papdi recipe | sev puri | indian chat recipe with step wise pictorial method.
sev papdi recipe | sev puri | indian chat recipe is one of the most loved street food usually available with the reharis selling gol gappe. Actually this recipe of sev papdi is being prepared differently at different places.
Mostly it is prepared simply by topping boiled potato cubes, chopped onion,green chutney, dates and tamarind chutney, tomatoes, sev with a generous sprinkle of chat masala over flat or puffed puris. Flat one are called papdis whereas puffed one are named as puris. Somewhere yogurt is spread over on the top.
But we love to cherish this crispy and tangy sev papdi recipe in our own way. With a slight alteration in the ingredients and change in the choice of chutneys, this was simply a blast. Everyone was gobbling them like anything. But alas! 12 were too less for we 3. Next time we are going to double or even triple the ingredients..lol
So let’s have a look at the method.
A. For potato masala
Potatos (boiled) – 1/4 cup
Onions (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Chat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 tbsp
salt as per taste
B. For sev papdi
Few leaves of mint for garnishing.
Firstly prepare the potato masala.
1. Mash potatoes in a bowl.
2. Add all the ingredients mentioned under the head A. Keep aside.
Now begin with the process of making sev papdi.
1. Just before serving, arrange papdis on a serving plate.
2. Apply ketchup to all the papdis.
3. Top each papdi with a few potato masala.
4. Top it further with 1 tsp of imli air pyaz ki chutney and 1 tsp of pudina chutney.
5. Sprinkle some sev over each papdi.
6. Garnish each papdi with a mint leaf.
* Prepared all the ingredients before hand but you are suggested to assemble everything over and above the papdis just before serving, to maintain their crunch.
Feel Free To Ask Queries, If Any…
PAYAL BALI SHARMA