01 Jan semolina coconut cake | suji cake eggless | eggless rava cake | egg free coconut cake recipe
semolina coconut cake | suji cake eggless | eggless rava cake | egg free coconut cake recipe with step wise pictorial and video method.
semolina coconut cake | suji cake eggless | eggless rava cake | egg free coconut cake recipe is a very rich and healthy cake recipe due to the presence of semolina and coconut in it.
Finally 2019 is here and what can be the best way, other than this semolina coconut cake, to celebrate the new year on a sweet note. Very easy to prepare, making this cake is almost doing nothing. Look at the list of ingredients, and that is enough to make this cake. As far as icing is concerned, that too is very easy to make. At the same time it is optional.
The recipe of this semolina coconut cake is almost similar to our previous recipe of simple vanilla sponge cake, wherein, only ingredients were to be mixed together. However there are many easy eggless cake recipes in this blog. Look at the list of such cake/muffin recipes :
simple eggless vanilla sponge cake, jam cake, banana upside down cake, dora cake, vegan orange cake recipe, custard powder cake, Red Velvet Cake, 3 ingredients chocolate muffins recipe, tutti fruity cake, Chocolate Chips muffins and chocolate brownie.
YouTube : semolina coconut cake
(1 cup = 240 ml)
For making cake
semolina / suji – 1 cup
Dessicated coconut – 1 cup
sugar – 1 cup
all purpose flour / maida – 1 cup
curd – 1 cup
milk – 1 cup
oil – 1 cup
baking powder – 2 tsp
baking soda – 1 tsp
sugar – 2/3 cup
dessicated coconut – 2 tbsp
milk as per need
dessicated coconut for garnishing
Preparation of cake
1. take a bowl and add all the ingredients.
2. mix using cut & fold method.
3. take a cake tin & grease it with oil.
4. pour cake batter into the tin.
5. bake in a pre-heated oven @190°C for 35-40 minutes. Check the done-ness of cake by inserting toothpick or knife in it. If toothpick comes out clear, your eggless Semolina coconut cake is ready.
6. Place the cake tin on cooling rack and after sometime, invert the cake very carefully.
Making of Icing
1. Take 2/3 cup of sugar and add into a grinder.
2. Grind the sugar into a fine powder.
3. Transfer powdered sugar in a bowl.
4. Add 2 tbsp of dessicated coconut and mix well.
5. Now add milk gradually to make it pourable.
6. Spread over the cake with the help of a spoon.
7. Sprinkle some dessicated coconut.
Your eggless semolina coconut cake is ready.
* This cake can be made in any cake tin, not necessarily bundt pan.
* If you are using bundt pan, grease it nicely.
* Maida can be replaced with whole wheat flour, though we personally haven’t tried.
* Prefer to use dessicated coconut instead of fresh grated coconut. Fresh coconut is having a moisture which can cause imbalance to the measurement of ingredients.