25 Apr rooh afza syrup recipe | how to make rooh afza at home | gulab saharbat recipe
rooh afza syrup recipe | how to make rooh afza at home | gulab saharbat recipe with step wise pictorial is here.
in one way or the other, we all have grown up drinking this gulab sharbat . mix it with water and enjoy. make a healthy and delicious drink for kids by adding it to milk, like we have made gond katire wala doodh. you can also use it in any other desert or ice cream like rose ice cream or wherever the use of rooh afza is recommended and this is awesome everywhere.
this rooh afza syrup recipe is very invigorating syrup extensively used all through summers. if you make this syrup once, your job to make any of the recipe becomes easy. during the tremendously hot summers, the minute you reach home sweaty, it is extremely tough to make out something refreshing at the spur of moment and most of the times you satisfy yourself by just having a cold glass of water. so this rooh afza syrup recipe saves in such hard situations and you will relish a refreshing glass of cold drink in your hand in zero time.
so let’s begin to prepare our own rooh afza syrup recipe, conserve it and just add few spoons of it wherever required…
sugar – 1 kg
water – 4 cup
cardamom essence or cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
citric acid/nimbu sat/ tatri – 1 tsp
rose essence – 2 tsp
red food color – 1/2 tsp
- take a wide pan and add water & sugar together.
- put on a high flame and let that mixture boil.
- when the water starts boiling, you will find some whitish bubbles kind of thing, called scum, floating the surface of water. collect the scum with a spoon and abandon. Add cardamom essence. you can use cardamom powder also.
- now on a low flame let the water boil until it becomes a 1 string sugar syrup.
- add citric acid in the sugar syrup and mix very well.
- now add rose essence, red food color in sugar syrup and mix very well.
your rooh afza syrup recipe is ready. once it is turned completely cool, store it in some clean bottle. there might be some impurities in the syrup, so better sieve it while pouring in the bottle.
* citric acid, nimbu sat or tatri is one and the identical product existing in the market in dissimilar looks. tatri and nimbu sat are the hindi words for Citric acid. citric acid is obtainable in the market in a powdered form whereas tatri, which is also called nimbu sat, is available in crystals.
* once the rooh afza syrup recipe is completely ready after cooling down and you find that the syrup is somewhat thick, add 1 to 2 or as needed tablespoons of hot water in the rooh afza and mix finally well.
in 25 to 30 minutes, the boiling mixture will become 1 string sugar syrup.
* to check whether the syrup has attained 1 string consistency, take a drop of sugar syrup between your index finger and thumb, open both opposite to each other and if you find a string of syrup making up a string, your 1 string consistency sugar syrup is organized.
but if string the is not making out yet, boil the mixture for a couple of minutes more.
this homemade Rooh afza Syrup can be stored for up to 6 months. but do not place in the refrigerator, otherwise sugar may get stuck by settling down in the bottle.
each one carries his own taste buds so can adjust the sweetness as per your liking. but for a normal drink mix….
two (2) tbsp of rooh afza syrup. + one (1) cup of chilled water
PAYAL BALI SHARMA