25 Apr rooh afza syrup recipe | how to make rooh afza at home | gulab saharbat recipe
rooh afza syrup recipe | how to make rooh afza at home | gulab saharbat recipe with step wise pictorial is here.
We all have grown up drinking this Gulab Sharbat in one way or the other. Mix it with water, mix and enjoy. Also add to milk and make a healthy and delicious drink for kids, like we have made gond katire wala doodh. You can also use it in any other desert or ice cream like rose ice cream or wherever the use of rooh afza is recommended and this is awesome everywhere.
This rooh afza syrup recipe is a very refreshing syrup widely used during summers. Once you have made this syrup, your task to make any of the recipe becomes easy. During the extremely hot summers, the moment you reach home dipped in sweat, it is really hard to make out something refreshing very immediately and mostly you satisfy yourself by just having a cold glass of water from refrigerator. So this rooh afza syrup recipe comes to rescue in such hard situations and you will have a refreshing glass of cold drink in your hand in no time.
So let’s make our own rooh afza syrup recipe, preserve it and just add few spoons of it wherever needed…
Sugar – 1 kg
Water – 4 cup
Cardamom essence or cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Citric Acid/Nimbu Sat/ Tatri – 1 tsp
Rose Essence – 2 tsp
Red Food Color – 1/2 tsp
1. Take a large pan and add water & sugar together.
2. Place it on a high flame and let the water & sugar mixture boil.
3. When the water begins to boil, you will find the scum floating over the surface of water. Collect the scum with the help of a spoon and discard. Add cardamom essence. You can use cardamom powder also.
4. Now let the water boil on a low flame until it becomes a 1 string Sugar syrup.
6. Once the sugar syrup is ready, add Citric Acid in the syrup and mix well.
7. Now add Rose Essence, Red Food color in Sugar Syrup and mix very well.
Your rooh afza syrup recipe is ready. Once cool down, store it in a glass bottle. Better sieve the syrup so that any impurities, if left, are discarded.
* Citric acid, Nimbu Sat or Tatri is one and the same thing available in the market in different looks. Tatri and Nimbu Sat are the Hindi words for Citric Acid. Citric Acid is available in the market in a powdered form whereas Tatri, also named as Nimbu Sat, is available in crystals.
* Once the rooh afza syrup recipe is prepared and cooled down and you feel that the syrup is slightly thick, add 1 or 2 tbsps of hot water in the Rooh afza and mix well.
The boiling mixture may take about 25 to 30 minutes in becoming 1 string Sugar syrup.
* To check the 1 string consistency, take 2 drops of syrup between your index finger and thumb. Open the index finger and thumb opposite to each other and if you will see a string of syrup making up a string, your 1 string consistency sugar syrup is ready.
If string is not making out, boil the mixture for a couple of minutes more.
You can store the homemade Rooh afza Syrup upto 6 months. Do not refrigerate, otherwise sugar may freeze & settle down in the bottle.
Everyone has his own taste buds and accordingly you can adjust the sweetness as per your liking. But for a normal drink mix….
1 Cup of Chilled water + 2 tbsp of Rooh afza Syrup.
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
Please Subscribe to get access to our new and upcoming recipes.