03 May Paneer Besan Chilla | besan chilla | besan ka chilla
Paneer Besan Chilla | besan chilla | besan ka chilla with step wise pictorial recipe
This is an amazing recipe which is being liked by everyone. You can serve it to your guests and can also make it a part of your kid’s tiffin with tomato ketchup…
Also have a look at another chilla recipe from this blog named Green moong dal chilla
So let’s begin with the recipe…
Gram flour/Besan – 1 cup
Carom seeds- 1 tsp
Green beans (Chopped) – 1/2 cup
Onion (chopped) – 1/2 cup
Paneer / Cottage Cheese (crumbled) – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Red chilli powder – 1tsp
Black pepper a pinch per chilla
Tomato Ketchup as per need
Green Chilli Hot Sauce as per need* (optional)
Water as per need
4-5 chillas. Number may vary depending upon the size of each chilla.
1. Take a bowl and add chopped onion, Green Beans & crumbled cheese.
2. Add red chilli powder & salt and mix all the ingredients, preferably with hands. Keep aside.
3. Take another bowl and add gram flour, pinch of salt and carom seeds into it.
4. Add water and make a thick batter. There should be no lumps and the batter should neither be too thick nor too runny. Keep aside.
5. Take one small bowl & add some tomato ketchup & green chilly sauce in your desired proportion and mix them.
6. Place a non stick tawa on a flame and spread oil on it.
7. Once the oil is hot, pour the batter in the middle of the tawa with the help of a ladle spread the batter evenly to form a thick circle.
8. Pour little oil on and around the spreaded batter/besan base.
9. When the besan base is slightly firm, immediately take some cheese mixture, place it in the middle of base and spread it over the entire base.
10. Gently press the mixture with the help of a spatula. Sprinkle some black pepper and about ½ tbs of Tomato ketchup & chilly sauce mixture and with the help of a spatula, turn the upside down and let it cook for 30 to 45 seconds at low flame.**
11. Again turn the side of chilla bringing it back to its previous position where the cheese spreaded side was towards upward.
12. When the chilla is cooked properly from both the sides, remove it from the tawa.
13. Your Paneer Besan Chilla is ready.
Serve it hot with more tomato ketchup…
* If making it for your kids, then avoid using green chilly sauce.
**The side of the chilla loaded with cheese mixture shouldn’t be overcooked otherwise the green beans will loose it’s crunch and that Crunch is the real hero of this recipe.
To see more of the Snacks recipes in this blog, click here
PAYAL BALI SHARMA