03 Jan Lehsuni palak | lehsuni palak ka saag | dhaba style lehsuni palak recipe
lehsuni palak | lehsuni palak ka saag | dhaba style lehsuni palak recipe with step wise pictorial and video method.
lehsuni palak | lehsuni palak ka saag | dhaba style lehsuni palak recipe is a treat to those who love the strong flavors of garlic because this recipe is prepared by adding lots and lots of lehsun/garlic which, otherwise, is not used in any other vegetables in such a huge quantity.
with only spinach/palak having a main ingredient along with garlic, obviously, this recipe of lehsuni palak is very easy to make with the least ingredients.
while you finish with the task of making lehsuni palak, your kitchen is going to fill with the aroma of garlic which goes very well with spinach. so even if you are not a garlic lover, you are going to love this recipe for sure.
this is very important to mention here that…”as garlic is having a very warm nature (garam taasir), this is suggested to make this recipe only during summers and avoid taking it if huge intake of warm natured (garam taasir) food items doesn’t suit your health simply because you need to add so much of garlic in it.”
YouTube : lehsuni palak
spinach/Pplak – 500 gm
garlic/lehsun – 10-12 cloves
oil – 2 tbsp
cumin seeds – 1 tsp
onion (chopped) – 1/2 cup
green chillies – 4
gram flour/besan – 1 tbsp
coriander seeds (crushed) – 1 tbsp
turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
salt as per taste
water – 1 cup
garam masala – 1/2 tsp
cream/malai – 2 tbsp (optional-vegans can completely avoid)
water – 1-2 spoons for making puree
desi ghee/ clarified butter (oil for vegans) – 1 tbsp
cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
dry red chillies – 2
garlic – 12 cloves
cream for garnishing
water for boiling as per need
cold water (with ice cubes) as per need
firstly begin with the blanching of spinach/palak :
1. wash spinach properly under running water.
2. transfer spinach in hot boiling water and let it remain there for 2 minutes.
3. immediately remove the spinach from boiling water and transfer into another bowl carrying ice cold water.
4. take the spinach out of bowl by squeezing it properly with both the hands.
here the process of blanching spinach comes to an end.
let’s move on to the further process..
5. place spinach on a chopping board and divide it into 2 parts with the help of a knife.
6. add one part in a blender with just 1-2 spoons of water and make fine puree out of it. keep aside.
7. roughly chop rest of the spinach and keep aside.
8. add 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and place it on gas stove.
9. add cumin seeds and crushed coriander seeds. Mix well.
10. add chopped onion and 10-12 crushed garlic cloves.
11. saute on low flame till it turns golden brown.
12. add green chillies, gram flour, turmeric powder and saute for few seconds.
13. add chopped spinach and cook for about 30 seconds on high flame.
14. add spinach puree, salt and water. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes on high flame.
15. add garam masala and mix.
16. at last, add cream or malai and give it a proper mix.
preparation of tempering
1. take tadka pan and place it on low flame.
2. add desi ghee in it.
3. add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
4. add dry red chillies and 10-12 roughly chopped/crushed garlic cloves.
5. let it turn golden brown.
6. immediately pour this tempering over the cooked spinach and mix well. You can preserve some tempering for garnishing.
your lehsuni Palak is ready. Serve hot with chapati, paratha or rice after further garnishing with cream or malai.
* you can cook the spinach other ordinary way too but blanching is important because it retains or even enhances the colour of spinach.
* to retain the colour of spinach, never cook the spinach after covering with a lid.
* the method of blanching spinach is applicable in every recipe wherein spinach is used. even if you are making palak paneer or any other palak ki sabji, you must blanch spinach the same way.
* here half of the spinach is pureed and rest is chopped. you can either puree the entire spinach or only chop the whole. But half pureed half chopped gives a nice texture to your lehsuni Palak.
* we have added lehsun/garlic by crushing them because we don’t like the chunks of it in mouth while eating. but if you have no issues with garlic chunks, you can add garlic just by chopping it into small pieces.