24 Mar How To Preserve Peas For Long
Stepwise pictorial method that how to preserve Green Peas for a long period for future use. Vegetables too have a season. With the arrival of summer in India, peas and many other vegetables are saying good bye to the markets and customers. But if you want to have Green Peas and the like vegetables in your fridge even in the off season….
Then do try this easy method…
Green peas – peeled
Water as needed
Zip lock bag/polythene bag
1. Peal and then wash the peas properly.
2. Take a pan. Boil sufficient water depending upon the quantity of your peas and put the peas in boiling water. Water should be sufficient enough to sink all the peas in the water.
3. Let them boil for 2 – 3 minutes in a covered pan over low to medium flame.
4. Sieve the peas and place them in the cold water or bring the peas under running cold water. Let them cool properly.
5. Again sieve the excess water.
6. Take a zip lock bag* and fill it with the blanched peas.
7. Press the zip lock bag gently so that the air in the bag will release and then Lock the bag.
8. Place it in the freezer.
9. It can be preserved for a long time.
* If you don’t have a zip lock bag, then take a polythene bag, fill it with the peas, release the extra air from the polythene by pressing it gently and tie it with a rubber band. Very simple desi formula 😉
Like peas, you can also preserve Beans and some other vegetables.
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
Please Subscribe to have an access to our new and upcoming recipes.