05 Jun How To Make Whipped Cream From Milk
Stepwise pictorial recipe of homemade whipped cream from milk.
Believe me, making a whipped cream from milk is such an easy task that you will find making it at home more easier than going to market to buy it.
Whipped cream is a popular topping for fruit and desserts such as pie, cupcakes, cake, milkshakes, waffle, hot chocolate, Jello and puddings. It is also served on coffee. Whipped cream is used as an ingredient in many desserts, for example as a filling for ice creams, profiteroles and layer cakes.
So let’s make our own whipped cream from milk…
cold water 1/4 Cup
Solar Instant gell ‘a’ tone* 2 tsp
(Powdered gelatin is a better option but i couldn’t use that being vegetarian)
Milk** (full fat) 1 cup
Vanilla*** essence/extract 1/2 tbsp
Powdered sugar 1/4 cup
About 1.5 cup
1. Take a pan & add cold water in it.
2. Then add gell a tone in the water and let it rest for 10 minutes without disturbing the pan so that gell can absorb some of the water.
3. After 10 minutes, put the pan on a medium heat and stir the mixture until the gell dissolves completely.
4. Then switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
5. When the mixture is cooled properly, take one more large bowl & add milk in it.
6. Add the gell mixture into milk & whisk them so that the gell mixture is combined with milk properly.
7. Then add powdered sugar & mix well.
8. Next add vanilla essence (or the other) to the milk mixture & mix until there are no lumps.
9. Now place the bowl on the upper rack of the refrigerator and leave it to chill for about 1 to 1 ½ hours.
10. Along with the bowl, also place the beaters**** in the refrigerator. 11. While the mixture is placed in the refrigerator, stir the mixture about once every 15 minutes to prevent the ingredients from separating.
12. When the ingredients are cool, take one more big bowl in which you can conveniently place the bowl filled with mixture.
13. Place some ice cubes in the big bowl and immediately bring out the mixture filled bowl from the refrigerator.
14*****. Place the mixture filled bowl in the middle of the ice cubes & begin to beat the mixture with a beater (which was also placed in refrigerator for chilling).
15. Keep mixing****** the ingredients until they begin to form soft peaks like a whipping cream.
Your whipped cream from milk is ready. Place it in the refrigerator and use within 24 hours. Use it for icing purpose or in the making of ice cream or whatever the way you want to. Just bring out from the refrigerator, give a nice blend & incorporate into your recipe.
With this whipped cream, i have made Vanilla Ice cream which really came out so well. Will be sharing the recipe next week. So stay tuned.
* Solar Instant Gell ‘a’ tone is the vegetarian substitute of gelatin easily available at my place. But if you are free to use gelatin, preferably go for it. Also, Agar powder is another vegetarian substitute of gelatin but i haven’t tried this recipe with Agar as it is not available in my city.
**Make sure to use whole milk not non-fat or 2%. These kinds of milk do not contain enough fat to be whipped.
***You can always use a different kind of essence if you want a different flavor depending upon for which recipe you are preparing the whipped cream. Add any essence of your choice at that very stage (para no 8 herein above) at which i have added vanilla essence.
**** & ***** chilling your beaters & using ice cubes by way of double bowl method help to speed up the mixing process and prevent separation.
******Once your cream reaches the desired consistency, stop mixing immediately. If you over mix your cream, it may start to curdle or loose its light, fluffy texture.
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
Please Subscribe to get easy access to our new and upcoming recipes.