29 Jun eggless tutti fruity cookies | karachi biscuits recipe
eggless tutti fruity cookies | karachi biscuits recipe with step wise pictorial method.
After making Eggless Tutti Fruity cake, I was left with a hand full of tutti fruities and wanted to make out something which will not merely accomplish my purpose of finishing the leftover tutti Fruity, but at the same time it must be something full of taste, health and easiness in making. So these cookies were planned and finally came into existence.
They were so easy to make and can be stored for later use. Also known by the name Fruit Biscuits or Karachi Biscuits.
All purpose flour / Maida* : 1 cup
Whole wheat Flour /atta** : 1 cup
Powdered / castor sugar : 3/4 cup
Butter (at room temp) : 3/4 cup
Tutti fruity 1/2 cup
Baking powder 1 tsp
Vanilla essence*** 1.5 tsp
Milk**** 2 tbsp or as per need
30 – 32 Cookies
1. Take a bowl & add butter and powdered sugar . Whisk well until its creamy and fluffy.
2. Now add milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
3. Take another bowl & sieve maida, atta and baking powder.
4. Add tutti fruity in the sieved mixture & mix well.
5. Now add this tutti fruity mix to the sugar & butter mix.
6. Combine them well with the hand & make a dough but no need to knead the dough.
7. Divide the dough into 2 parts and roll each one of them to a cylindrical log shape and rap it in polythene cover / cling film.
8. Place the covered logs in Refrigerator for 2-3 hours or till they become hard.
9. After 2-3 hours, remove the log and cut into 1/2 inch thick roundels with the help of a sharp knife.
10. Grease the baking tray with butter, arrange the cookies on it without touching each other & place the tray in the middle rack of the preheated oven at 180° C.
for 15-20 mins till***** the top/sides of the cookies become light golden.
11. Once done******, let the cookies come to room temperature & then store in an airtight jar. It will remain good for about a week.
* & ** You can use totally maida or totally atta also.
***You can also use rose essence or pineapple essence or cardmomn essence or even nutmeg powder.
****The purpose of milk is only to bind the dough together. So use carefully. Dough shouldn’t become too loose due to extra use of milk. Use as per need primarily.
*****Since the temperature varies from oven to oven, it may takes less or more time in baking. So do keep an eye while you are baking the cookies. Do not over bake them as then they will become very hard.
******Initially the cookies will look soft when hot but after cooling down , they will become crunchy.
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
Please Subscribe to have an access to our new and upcoming recipes.