03 Mar eggless orange cake recipe, vegan orange cake
eggless orange cake recipe, vegan orange cake recipe with stepwise pictorial and video method is here in this blog.
eggless orange cake recipe is a new entry in the family of cakes comprises of eggless tutti fruity cake, red velvet cake, and eggless custard powder cake. Also eggless chocolate chips muffins, eggless chocolate brownie, chocolate bread pastry and aquafaba chocolate mousse, which you can call are the sister concerns of cake family are also available in this blog. 😉
Eggless orange cake recipe is prepared without all purpose flour (maida), butter and sugar. Made with the fresh homemade orange juice, this eggless orange cake recipe is a real treat to your sweet tooth.
For making this eggless orange cake recipe, not only oranges, but we have used Kinnows also. The recipe is calling for 1 cup of orange juice and to get this quantity of juice, we used about 4 oranges/kinnows from small to medium size. However you can increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients as per your requirement.
Video of eggless orange cake recipe
Eggless orange cake recipe in text
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Salt a pinch
Orange juice – 1 Cup
Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
Jaggery – 1/2 Cup
Orange zest – 1/2 tsp
1. Take a cake tin and arrange butter paper in it. Grease it with oil.
2. If you are using fresh orange juice, then prepare the juice first and keep aside.
3. Also grate jaggery and keep aside.
4. Switch on your Oven at 180°C for preheating.
Making of dry Ingredients
5. Now take one bowl and sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and corn flour in it and keep aside.
Making of wet ingredients…
6. Take second bowl and pour oil in it.
7. Now add jaggery and mix. No issues if jaggery doesn’t dissolve completely at this stage.
8. Add orange juice and mix well so that the jaggery dissolves completely.
9. Add orange zest and mix.
Mixing both dry and wet ingredients
10. Now hold the first bowl carrying dry Ingredients and transfer the flour mixture to second bowl carrying wet ingredients.
11. Mix them by using cut and fold method as shown in video, but don’t overdo.
12. Transfer the mixture in cake tin.
13. Gently tap the cake tin so that excess air bubbles are released and surface of the batter becomes plain.
14. Transfer the cake tin in oven and bake in the middle rack of Oven for 30 to 35 minutes at 180°C with both the rods on. You can also bake it in microwave on convention mode.
15. Check the doneness by inserting a toothpick or knife in the cake and if the toothpick/knife comes out clean, it means your cake is ready.
16. Let then turn cool and thereafter invert on a plate.
Cut the cake into slices and it’s a time to cherish….
This eggless orange cake can be preserved in refrigerator for a week.
You can make the eggless orange muffins too with the same batter.
* Instead of whole wheat flour, you can use all purpose flour or 50:50 of both.
* The substitute of corn flour is vanilla flavored Custard powder. Use it if you don’t have corn flour.
* The size of the bowls you are using matters, mainly the bowl carrying the wet ingredients. Although initially both dry and wet ingredients are kept separately in 2 different bowls but finally everything comes together in bowl 2 in which wet ingredients are kept. So use a big size bowl, especially for adding wet ingredients.
* Store brought orange juice can also be used in place of fresh homemade juice. But keep one thing in mind, if you are using fresh homemade juice, then make juice not much prior to making eggless orange cake otherwise juice may turn bitter and hence can spoil your cake.
* You can also use olive oil or butter in place of vegetable oil. If using salty butter, then it is better to skip the addition of salt as an ingredient.
* Also, jaggery can be replaced by Sugar.
* Orange zest is an ingredient that is prepared by scraping or cutting from the outer, colorful skin of orange peel. Zest is used to add flavor to food. But be careful while scraping, don’t add the inner white portion of orange peel because it may bring bitterness to your cake/muffins. For more strong flavor, you can also add orange essence also.
Feel Free To Ask Queries, If Any…
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
Please subscribe to get easy access to our new and upcoming recipes.