28 Aug Chana Madra
Stepwise pictorial recipe of Chana Madra.
Chana Madra is a cuisine from the land of Himachal Pradesh, a place which is not only blessed with breathtaking natural beauty, but also a tasteful blend of exquisite cuisines having a unique aroma and flavour to it.
Chana Madra is one such dish made with kabuli chane or white chickeas cooked with the yogurt & seasoned with assorted spices.
Chickpea/Kabuli Chana/white chane – 1 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Black Cardamom/Moti Elachi – 1
Cloves – 3-4
Cumin powder – 3/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric a pinch
Salt as per taste
Curd – 1 cup
Rice flour – 2 tsp + 2 tbsp of water
1. Wash and soak channa overnight in water with a pinch of salt.
2. In the morning, pressure cook the channa till soft.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add cardamom, cloves, garam masala, turmeric, cumin & Saute well.
4. Then add the boiled channa and let it cook for couple of minutes.
5. Take a small bowl, add curd in it and beat the curd first.
6. Then add the beaten curd in chane and mix well.
7. Now take one more small bowl, mix the rice flour in water and then add to the pan.
8. Let it simmer so that the gravy gets thickens.
9. Cover the pan with a lid and let chanas cook for about 10 mins.
10. Your chana Madra is ready.
Serve hot with Babru.
Traditionally chana Madra are being made without adding red chilly. If you want to skip a little from the traditional method, a bit, then you can also add red chilly powder while adding other species.
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
Please Subscribe to have an access to our new and upcoming recipes.