14 Nov besan papdi | besan papri recipe
besan papdi | besan papri recipe with step wise pictorial and video method.
besan papdi | besan papri recipe is a tea time snack that satisfies your munching carvings, especially with a cup of hot tea. Like us, many people are in the habit of having something, thought light, with tea and such a crispy besan papdis are a perfect hit. However you can cherish these besan papdis anytime you like, not necessarily only with tea.
besan, which is also known as chickpea flour, bengal gram flour or chana dal flour is very healthy so we need to add it to our daily food one way or the other. This was also the idea behind making besan papdis. This is gluten-free and has an indecent aroma which make it a prime ingredient in the preparation of several traditional savories and sweets, including ladoos, pakodas, vegetable bhajiyas, and many more.
Also you can use these besan papdis for making sev papdi.
So let’s begin with the process..
YouTube recipe of Besan papdi
Text recipe of besan papdi
Besan – 2 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Carom seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Kalonji – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt as per taste
Oil – for frying
Water as per need
About 40 besan papdis
1. Sieve besan / gram flour in a bowl.
2. Add cumin seeds, carom seeds, red chilli powder, kalonji and salt. Mix well.
3. Add oil and mix it with the other mixture well so that all looks like a breadcrumbs.
4. Knead a hard dough by adding water in it.
5. Keep the dough at rest for 10 minutes.
6. Take a ball out of dough and roll it like a thin chapati.
7. Prick the flattened chapati with the fork so that papdis shouldn’t puff up while frying.
7. Mark the cuts in the rolled chapati with the help of round cutter or some glass or katori. Take out the extra dough from the sides.
8. Make more papdis with the entire dough by using same method.
9. Transfer a batch of papdis in hot oil for deep frying.
10. Once you put the papdis in hot oil, they will sink to the bottom. Don’t disturb them. They will themselves start floating over the oil after couple of seconds.
11. Flip over the sides of papdis and fry them till they turn light golden brown.
12. Take them out and place on a plate carrying paper nepkin so that it absorbs extra oil.
Your besan Papdi is ready. Once they turn completely cool, transfer them to air tight container.
Enjoy with a cup of hot masala chai.
Feel Free To Ask Queries, If Any…
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
Please subscribe to get easy access to our new and upcoming recipes.